A new way of working

Me just sitting down with a coffee ready to start work
Well, Rotherham Council did adopt a good work life balance, so working at home is not new to me, but there are some subtle differences now...

I would always try and take my youngest to school in a morning, but it was always a rush to get back. So this morning, the normal 10 minute round trip, took considerably longer as I went on a different route back to give myself and the dog a bit of a stretch. Having now got back and had some breakfast, I can sit down with my morning coffee and start the job search again.

LinkedIn


My linkedIn account is through the roof! From yesterdays +200% activity, it is now at +367% from the previous week. I've made contact with lots more (now ex) colleagues, including Cllr Chris Read (Leader of Rotherham Council) and Shokat Lal, Assistant Chief Executive. Hopefully these influential people will help me connect with more like minded people and lead me in to a new working life. LinkedIn is still throwing some nice looking jobs at me, much more focused than the agencies I've registered with, but unfortunately, they all seem to be in London, a step too far for me at the moment.

Job agencies


The recommendations from the agencies I've registered with is getting worse, today's bunch of jobs I "may be interested in" included a full time day carer in a nursing home, an assistant sales rep and an apprentice claims advisor. Time for a change I think, so this mornings task is to find some new job leads

New leads


With a refinement of my registered job agencies, I've managed to find a couple of jobs I'm interested in, one in particular with DWP based in Sheffield. My CV already fits the need of the role profile outlined, so I just need to compile a suitable covering letter and get this sent off later today. The closing date is not until mid next week, but no point delaying!
Not wishing to speak too soon, judging by previous job agencies, but UK Seek seem to be more suitable to my line of work. They also have a nice profile area for your CV and skills and at the end of it, they predict what wage you should be looking at based on the skills you've completed, here's mine:
Skills profile and predicted salary
I feel this is around what I was expecting.

Reaching out


I decided to drop the CEO of Jadu, Suraj Kiki a note. I was responsible for getting Jadu CMS and Jadu Forms in for the Council. Over the 10 years, I built up a very good working relationship with Suraj and his staff. Now based in a new building, just off the M1 near Leicester, I would highly recommend the business and their products/services. The reason for the contact was really to say farewell, but also put out some feelers, Suraj is a very connected person.

End.

Comments