Starting to apply
The jobs are coming in thick and fast from the couple of agencies I've registered with. I'm not sure I could cope with registering for more, I seem to be reading the same job more than once! On top of that, my LinkedIn account has sprung back to life and that is firing stuff at me too now. Along with LinkedIn, I'm currently receiving alerts from:
Having sifted through a load of potentials yesterday, I picked out 2 to apply for:
- UK Staff Seach
- Networkx Recruitment
Both of these seem to take my search terms very loosely and I'm getting alerts for some very bizarre roles like accounting, HR and business analyst roles, maybe some refinement is needed! Having updated my LinkedIn profile, the activity is going through the roof. As you can see, I was barely using my account until yesterday.
First applications
Having sifted through a load of potentials yesterday, I picked out 2 to apply for:
- Capita: Customer Journey Optimisation Manager
- Wilko: Digital Transformation Manager
Supplying covering letters for both was somewhat of a task. Working through each role profile/requirements and aligning my experience against it proved to be time consuming, but at the same time, rewarding. Remembering all the projects and good work I've done over the years seemed to boost my confidence as I added more. Hopefully now that I have these 2 done, it will become much quicker and easier going forward.
LinkedIn is by far and away returning jobs more suitable to my experience and knowledge, but they are all based in London, despite my best efforts to refine this to my home location of South Yorkshire. UK Staff Search has a useful 'gauge' to quickly see how suitable the job might be, but the results tend to be on the rough side, not really matching my qualities at all.
Having sent my CV to several friends, family members and colleagues, I'm starting to receive very positive feedback. I stole the template from a good friend and adapted it for my needs, I do think it looks good, well set out and easy to follow. If you'd like to take a look and give me some comments below I'd be grateful, here it is again:
Jon Ashton CV
End.
Search terms vs location
LinkedIn is by far and away returning jobs more suitable to my experience and knowledge, but they are all based in London, despite my best efforts to refine this to my home location of South Yorkshire. UK Staff Search has a useful 'gauge' to quickly see how suitable the job might be, but the results tend to be on the rough side, not really matching my qualities at all.
CV feedback
Having sent my CV to several friends, family members and colleagues, I'm starting to receive very positive feedback. I stole the template from a good friend and adapted it for my needs, I do think it looks good, well set out and easy to follow. If you'd like to take a look and give me some comments below I'd be grateful, here it is again:
Jon Ashton CV
End.
Comments
Post a Comment