End of week 1
With the onset of redundancy looming, I need to think about a new, temporary car. Currently leasing a car through a salary sacrifice scheme, I'll need to hand it back soon. I currently have a Kia Sportage, just 7 months old, so yesterday started thinking about the fact it will have to go. The car is leased through RMBC in a salary sacrifice scheme, so will need to be surrendered when I'm finally made redundant. I had a quick think about a budget for a run around car and I'm thinking about £1000 mark. Ideally I'd like a German car (VW, Audi, etc) as I have a mechanic friend who specialises in those makes. Incidentally, I created his website and whole brand when he set up several years ago, take a look here:
I don't think I'm quite ready to go back to my early days of owning a car, pictured here is my 1972 Beetle, mid restoration, photo taken around 1994. I think I've put in my time changing brakes and oil, so I'll definitely be looking for something that is road worthy for at least 12 months without requiring work. My current thinking is to spend up to £2k on a car that is running, won't lose too much value over 6 months or so and then sell it and go back to leasing once I'm back in full time employment.
Back to business
So today I've prepared applications for a number of jobs including Plus Net and DWP. It seems that DWP have extended the dates by 1 week for the 2 roles I intend applying for, so I'm going to spend a bit more time on preparing my application for those.
So with this in mind, I've decided to give myself a holiday today and clean down the decking and patio in the garden. The impending heatwave starting Monday will mean I can look for a job in my favourite place, the garden. Hopefully the tranquillity will give me inspiration to put in some quality applications.
I couldn't end the week without reflecting on my improved LinkedIn profile. I've now connected with over 40 new people, joined a few groups of interest and generally brought my profile back up to date. As a result, I've seen an improvement of 567% in people viewing my profile, I just need to convert this in to getting a job now!
End.
So with this in mind, I've decided to give myself a holiday today and clean down the decking and patio in the garden. The impending heatwave starting Monday will mean I can look for a job in my favourite place, the garden. Hopefully the tranquillity will give me inspiration to put in some quality applications.
And finally...
I couldn't end the week without reflecting on my improved LinkedIn profile. I've now connected with over 40 new people, joined a few groups of interest and generally brought my profile back up to date. As a result, I've seen an improvement of 567% in people viewing my profile, I just need to convert this in to getting a job now!
End.


Comments
Post a Comment