Research day

I'm noticing more companies asking for 'Google Analytics 360 in their job posts, so having only used the 'standard' Google Analytics offering, along with Tag Manager, I decided to do some research on it today. However, I became instantly disappointed, as it turns out, they are one and the same! However, I think companies should be asking for 'Google Suite 360' which incorporates a few more modules:
- Google Analytics
- Tag Manager
- Double Click
- Optimize (spelt wrong!)
- Attribution
- Data Studio
- Surveys
- Audience Centre
- Suite Education
So, only being really familiar with GA and Tag Manager, I decided to check out the others and, I have to say, impressed I am!
Personal development
So with this in mind, I decided to take the day out and do some research, watched a few webinars and worked through some tutorials. In a nut shell, any large business needs Google 360, any small business should really try and develop the free tools within GA and Tag Manager.
Although I'm familiar with 'Optimize' techniques in that we have done experiments with the RMBC website in changing content/outcomes/looks/journey/etc and pushing traffic down different routes to monitor the effects, Google just makes it easy and really takes it further than we'd ever done. Google Optimize is more about personalisation and enhancing the customer experience and journey to be more in tune with the users taste based on known data. You know when you think you are being watched, well, online at least? You've had a look at something on a website, some new trainers perhaps, then suddenly you are being reminded about it on Facebook and through adverts on different websites - well that's Google Optimize working. Building profiles with these marketing techniques across all the platforms, Double Click, Attribution, etc, you can really start profiling your customers, understanding what pushes them to become a 'conversion' - ie, making contact with you or buying something.
Whilst I pretty much knew about everything I've seen today, understanding how it is done in more detail has really added to my portfolio, I feel I could talk much more confidently about SEO and online marketing. Learning about the Google offering has also lead me to understand more about how companies can quickly and easily penetrate into social media using Facebook Pixel for instance, something I feel RMBC and other LA's are probably missing out on!
End.
Comments
Post a Comment